Can you take mucinex and tylenol is one of the questions raised by so many people to medical professionals and Pharmacisits. So many people ask of the interaction of a drug with the others and it happens that the interaction of mucinex and tylenol happens to be one of the frequent questions.
Some interactions of medicines may cause your medications not to work correctly and can also increase your risk of having serious side effects. To have a perfect answer to this we, would like to take you through basic informations you need to know of mucinex and tylenol which includes:
(1) Their Meaning
(2) Their Types/ Formulation
(3) Their Side Effects
(4) Uses of Mucinex and Tylenol
(5) Precautions on the use of mucinex and Tylenol
READ ALSO: CAN YOU SMOKE AFTER A ROOT CANAL
WHAT IS MUCINEX
Mucinex also known as guaifenesin. It is an expectorant. Mucinex is produced by Mc Neil Consumer Healthcare. Mucinex helps loosen congestion in the chest chest caused by common cold infections or allergies and throat, which makes it easy to cough.
TYPES OF MUCINEX
In considering the topic ” Can you take mucinex and tylenol” The types of mucinex you can find include the following
(1) Mucinex D
(2) Mucinex DM
(3) Mucinex Maximum Strength
(4) Mucinex Sinus
(5) Mucinex Sinus-Max
(6) Mucinex Fast-Max
SIDE EFFECTS OF MUCINEX
The side effects of mucinex includes:
- Difficult breathing
- Swelling of your Nuface, lips, tongue, or tongue
- Stomach upset
Although these are not all the side effects of mucinex.
It is important to Call your doctor for medical help if you have any sign of an allergic reaction to Mucinex.
USES OF MUCINEX
When talking of the uses of municex, we look at; what it is used for, what it is not used for, how it is used and how it should not be used.
(1) It is a medication that is used for temporary relief of coughs which is caused by a common cold, bronchitis and other breathing illnesses.
(2) Municex is usually not used for ongoing cough caused by smoking or long-term breathing problems unless prescribed by your doctor.
(3) To use Mucinex, take in this medication by mouth as directed by your doctor, usually every 12 hours and swallow with a glass of water.
(4) If you decide to do self-medication then follow all directions on the product package.
(5)The dosage is based on your age, medical condition, and response to treatment. Do not take more than directed. Please note that this medication should not be crushed or chewed.
PRECAUTION ON THE USE OF MUNCINEX
Before taking muncinex tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it.
Also ensure to tell your medical history, especially of: breathing problems which includes; asthma, emphysema, chronic bronchitis, smoker’s cough or cough with blood or large amounts of mucus.
MEANING OF TYLENOL
In this article ” Can you take mucinex and Tylenol” we will first examined the correct definition of tylenol drug.
Tylenol is used to reduce health issues like fever and minor pain caused by conditions such as colds or flu, headache, muscle aches, arthritis and menstrual cramps
FORMULATIONS OF TYLENOL
The following are the formulations of tylenol;
- Regular Strength Tylenol
- Extra Strength Tylenol
- Tylenol 8-Hour Arthritis Pain
- Tylenol 8-Hour Aches and Pain ER.
In rare cases, acetaminophen contained in tylenol may cause a severe skin reaction that can be fatal.
SIDE EFFECTS OF TYLENOL
The side effects of tylenol includes the followings
- Stomach pain (upper right side)
- Loss of appetite
- Clay-colored stools
- Dark urine
- Jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
Although these are not all the side effects of tylenol, others are sure to occur and It is important to stop taking tylenol if these signs are noticed and to call your doctor for medical help as soon as you see any sign and if the signs you have becomes worst. That is why this post ” Can you take mucinex and tylenol” is recommended for all.
USES OF TYLENOL
Emphasize are laid on the follow when considering the uses of Tylenol like : what it is used for, what it is not used for, how it is used and how it should not be used.
This medicine is used to treat mild to moderate pain ranging from headaches, menstrual periods, toothaches, backaches, osteoarthritis, or cold/flu aches and also to reduce fever.
Taking too much acetaminophen may cause serious fatal liver disease. People with liver problems and children should take less acetaminophen.
PRECAUTIONS ON TAKING TYLENOL
(1) Do not use with any other drug containing acetaminophen.
(2) Do not use acetaminophen when taking alcohol because it may damage your liver.
(3) Tylenol should be swallowed by mouth following all directions on the product package.
(4) Tell your Doctor or Physician if your condition lasts or if side effects starts developing.
(5) It is important you tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to Tylenol before taking it.
(6)If you have diabetes or any other condition that requires you to reduce or stay away from sugar it’s important you ask your doctor or pharmacist about using these medicine. There is no warning scientifically or clinically found for the medicine combination.
CAN YOU TAKE MUCINEX AND TYLENOL
Nothwithstanding, in the aim to answer this question, ” Can you take mucinex and tylenol”, some points have been highlighted in this article and they are;
(1)There is no negative interaction between the acetaminophen from Tylenol and the guaifesin from Mucinex.
However, some Mucinex products contain acetaminophen, so a mucinex product without acetaminophen can be taken with Tylenol and on the other hand, a mucinex product with acetaminophen should not be taken with Tylenol to avoid overdose.
(2) Taking an overdose of acetaminophen can lead to system damages like fatal liver disease.
(3) You can take Tylenol some hours after taking mucinex as the mucinex must have digested and probably completed its work.
(4) Always check the label to be sure that the mucinex you are combining with Tylenol doesn’t have acetaminophen which is also Tylenol then you are good to go.
(5) For some mucinex like plain mucinex, there is no harm at all in taking it with Tylenol.
(6) Be sure to have eaten something and drink a lot of water before combining mucinex and Tylenol.
(7) Check the gram of the medicine you combine, the gram of mucinex and the gram of tylenol so as not to take overdose which will damage your body system.
Exceptions to this medicine are;
- People with liver disease
- Pregant women
- People with ulcer
In this article ” Can you take mucinex and tylenol”, we have explained the most important thing to do which is to contact your Doctor or Physician for proper prescription before combining this two medicine.