Is it possible to have cramps after ejaculating inside? The short answer is yes. What could cause this? Well, let’s take a look at that as we discuss that in this article.
WHAT IS CRAMPS AFTER EJACULATING INSIDE
Most times the cramps you feel after your partner has ejaculated inside you are due to your reaction to the hormone prostaglandin present in sperm. You may have a sensitive vagina and when sperm is released into your vagina, it could cause cramps. However, both men and women can experience cramps after sex and the medical term for this condition is Dyspareunia.
CAUSES OF CRAMPS AFTER EJACULATING INSIDE
There are many reasons that could cause cramps after your partner has ejaculated inside.
Here are some reasons you may experience cramping after sex:
1. ALLERGY: You may be allergic to your partner’s semen. This is known as seminal plasma hypersensitivity. Some people experience abdominal pain and cramping, accompanied by nausea and diarrhea, from this condition.
2. DEPTH OR ROUGHNESS OF THE PENETRATION: If in the process of penetrating, your partner’s penis due to how deep or rough the penetration was, you may experience some cramps after sex, although this cramp shouldn’t last long.
3. MUSCLE STRAINS: Sex can be physically strenuous just like your normal exercises, it strains the pelvic and abdominal muscles. During sex, already existing muscle strains may get aggravated which then results in cramping and discomfort after sex.
4. ORGASM: Reaching orgasm during sex is supposed to make you feel good but sometimes it can also make you feel a bit uncomfortable. When you have an orgasm, your vaginal walls and the muscles of your uterus contracts rhythmically. If they continue to contract, it can cause you to experience temporary cramping after sex.
5. HOW TIGHT YOUR PELVIC FLOOR IS: If your pelvic floor muscles are tight, this could make sex painful.
A tight pelvic floor is medically known as hypertonic pelvic floor, although sometimes your pelvic floor may tighten because you are feeling anxious or stressed. This could leave a deep aching in your pelvis after sex.
6. POSITION OF YOUR UTERUS: If you have a retroverted or tilted uterus, that is, your uterus leans back instead of forward, you might feel some pressure on your uterus during sex and this pressure triggers cramps along with pain in your vagina and lower back after sex.
7. AN UNDERLYING INFECTION: Certain infections can cause crying after your partner ejaculates inside you. Infections such as yeast infection which also causes itching in your vagina, and urinary infection can even get worse because penetration can force bacteria into your urethra, which sits above your vaginal opening. Any of these infections can be the reason you experience crying after your partner ejaculates inside you.
8. OVULATION: Once in every woman’s menstrual cycle, she has her ovulation 2 weeks before her period.
During this period, her follicles rupture, releasing eggs that are ready for possible fertilization.
Should you have sex during this time, you may experience some abdominal cramps.
9. SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED INFECTIONS: STIs such as gonorrhea and chlamydia can make your experience cramping after sex.
10. AN UNDERLYING CONDITION: Cramps after ejaculating inside can be caused by some health underlying conditions such as fibroids, endometriosis, or dysorgasmia.
11. PROSTATITIS: Cramps after ejaculation are not only experienced cramps due to prostatitis. This is when the prostate is inflamed. This causes pelvic pain after sex in men.
TREATMENT OR PREVENTION
Mild cramping after sex will go away after a while but treating or preventing cramps after sex depends on what is causing the cramp in the first place. For instance, if the cramps are due to an underlying infection, or due to emotional trauma, you could seek medical help and get treated.
Treatment may include:
- Antibiotics to treat an infection
- Therapy or counseling for anxiety
- Surgery to remove fibroids
- Hormonal pills to prevent ovulation.
WHEN TO SEE A DOCTOR
Most times causes of cramps after ejaculating inside are nothing to be much concerned about as they may be temporary cramps, medical experts however point out that there are certain signs or symptoms that could accompany the cramps that you should be aware of as they may indicate more severe situations such as underlying pelvic or urinary tract infections, ovarian cyst or even ectopic pregnancy.
Symptoms that may accompany cramps after ejaculating inside may include:
- Abnormal vagina bleeding
- Abnormal vaginal or penile discharge
- Severe pain or discomfort
You should see a doctor not only when you notice the mentioned symptoms, but also if the cramps are not easing up, but rather getting worse or more severe.
Sex should be enjoyed, but when you begin to experience frequent cramping after your partner has ejaculated inside, you should talk with your partner about it and seek ways you could feel better after sex, maybe by changing your sexual position. If the pain persists, do not be shy to seek out the counsel of your doctor as it could be a sign of an underlying medical condition.