Dermoplast for hemorrhoids is one of over-the-counter medicated spray that can help relieve the itching and irritation caused by hemorrhoids. This spray contains antibacterial properties that can manage symptoms of other skin problems like minor cuts, sunburns, rashes and burns. This spray can be gotten in hospitals and also available in supermarkets and stores. One question that most people ask is can the product can provide relieve for hemorrhoids symptoms. It is better to understand the product and how it works before answering if it can be used by hemorrhoids patients.
WHAT IS HEMORRHOID
Hemorrhoid is a swollen vein that develop in the rectum or near the anus. This health condition can be caused by chronic constipation, pregnancy, sitting down for a long time, straining during bowel movement and hormonal changes. Some of the symptoms of hemorrhoids are bleeding from the anus, pain while sitting or during bowel movement, itching and irritation. One of the ways of treating hemorrhoids and managing the symptoms is to use dermoplast.
WHAT IS DERMOPLAST
Dermoplast is an antibacterial spray that is used to reduce pain, itching, irritation and burning. It is mostly used in hospitals, not only because of its antibacterial properties but also the local anesthetic properties that can numb any area where it is applied. Dermoplast contains anesthetic properties but it does not make the user to become unconscious like general anesthesia does, it is a local anesthesia. Dermoplast can be used without prescription but it is important that you follow the guidelines and instructions on the product package.
The spray contains active ingredients which are:
- Benzocaine 20%
- Menthol 5%
There are also inactive ingredients like:
- Aloe vera gel
- Hydrofluorocarbon 152a
- Acetylated lanolin alcohol
- Polysorbate 85
- PEG-400 monulaurate
- Cetyl acetate
- Methylparaben USP
Benzocaine acts as a numbing agent while menthol cools the skin and help to relieve pain. Aloe vera is an ingredient that soothes irritated skin and gives the skin a cooling sensation. It can also nourish and moisturize the skin while calming it.
Dermoplast can be used to:
- Treat minor burns
- Relieve pain caused by insect pains
- Treat irritation and itching caused by sunburn
- Manage rashes and irritation of the skin
- Treat tears caused during childbirth
- Treat symptoms of poison oak, poison ivy and poison sumac
- Relieve pain and itching caused by minor cuts.
HOW TO USE DERMOPLAST FOR HEMORRHOIDS
Yes, you can use dermoplast to treat hemorrhoids and manage the symptoms as well, it works and has advantageous effects.
1. Benzocaine which is one of the active ingredient has local anesthetic properties which means that it can cause the nerve endings to become dead thereby numbing the area. This can help stop pain and burning sensation that is associated with hemorrhoids. Most times, discharge from the anus and residue from mucus and graces can cause the delicate skin surrounding the anus to become irritated. Benzocaine can stop the irritation and itching.
2. Aloe vera gel is also a natural ingredient that is used in producing dermoplast. It has the ability to soothe irritated skin by giving out a cooling sensation. It can cause make the hemorrhoids to heal faster. So, the product is safe and effective to be used in treating hemorrhoids. Dermoplast also has antiseptic and benzethonium which can help to kill bacteria and viruses on wounds or cuts.
CAN DERMOPLAST BE USED FOR HEMORRHOIDS DURING PREGNANCY
One of the causes of hemorrhoids is pregnancy. In fact, a study in 2008 by the National Library of Medicine reported that about 25% to 35% of pregnant women experience hemorrhoids when they are pregnant. Although the hemorrhoids usually go away on their own after few weeks but some rare cases requires treatment. Whether the hemorrhoid is going away on its own or requiring treatments, the symptoms can cause discomfort.
Pregnant women can use dermoplast for hemorrhoids. Many reviews online have shown that these women use the product for either vaginal or rectal pain and the spray is effective and safe. Dermoplast can be used by pregnant women to relive pain and other symptoms of hemorrhoids. It is even better to treat the symptoms immediately they show up because if they are left untreated, labour pain might worsen them.
Although there is no warning that prevents pregnant women from using dermoplast, it is however important that you see your doctor first before usage. Also, follow the instructions from your doctor and read the guidelines from the product package as well.
WHERE CAN YOU GET DERMOPLAST
It is not difficult to get dermoplast, it is easy to be seen. You can buy this product in stores around you. Dermoplast can be found in hospitals, pharmacies, online stores, retail supermarkets and stores.
DERMOPLAST FOR HEMORRHOIDS DOSAGE
The amount of dermoplast you should use is indicated on the package but it is recommended that you use the product not more than three to four times per day.
To use dermoplast:
- Wash your anal area with water and soap to remove dirts.
- Pat dry with a clean towel. Be gentle when doing this to avoid irritating the skin and causing more pain.
- Hold the spray canister for about 6-12 inches away from your body and shake it very well. Spray the medication on the anal area.
- Wash your hands immediately after using the product to avoid touching the mouth, eyes and nose with your hands.
- If symptoms persist after few days or your condition becomes worse, you should stop using the product and see your doctor.
SIDE EFFECTS OF DERMOPLAST
There are some side effects of the medication although it is rare.
1. Benzocaine can cause teething children to develop methemoglobinemia if they take in the anesthesia. Since this ingredient is in dermoplast, it is also possible for children under the age of 2 to develop the health condition.
2. Dermoplast can be harmful if it comes in contact with the mouth, eyes and nose. The manufacturers clearly stated on their website and on the spray canister that the content should not be used on these parts of the body.
3. Some of the ingredients used in making dermoplast can cause allergic reactions in some people. Some allergic reactions can be seizures, irregular breathing or difficulty in breathing. You can feel temporary redness and stinging after using the spray. However, this will fade away after few minutes.
4. Too much of benzocaine can cause other fatal side effects. So, it is best that you follow the instructions on the canister or the leaflet that comes with the product to know the quantity to use at a time. Call your doctor if you notice the following while using the product.
5. Swelling in the anal area or any area where the medication was used, Warmth, Severe burning, Intense stinging, Blistering or oozing after usage.
Some serious side effects can be:
- Unexplained shaking of the body
- Rashes on the skin
- Pains in the chest
- Blurred vision
THINGS TO NOTE BEFORE USING DERMOPLAST FOR HEMORRHOIDS
- If you have ever had methemoglobinemia in the past, stay away from using dermoplast.
- Do not ever use on a child younger than 2 years.
- See your doctor first before using dermoplast if you have heart disease, enzyme deficiency or if you smoke.
- Know that overdose of benzocaine can cause side effects that are fatal.
- Do not use dermoplast inside the vagina or rectum. It should only be used on the skin.
- Do not use the product for more than 7 days unless if you are asked by your doctor.
OTHER NUMBING SPRAY FOR HEMORRHOIDS
There are some other sprays that can help relieve the pain, burning and itching caused by hemorrhoids. Some of them are:
- Equate Maximum Strength Anti Itch Hydrocortisone Spray
- Motherlove Sitz Bath Spray
- Dr. King’s Natural Medicine Hemorrhoid Relief
- New Mama Bottom Spray
- Solarcaine Cool Aloe Burn Relief Formula Pain Relieving Spray
- Sitzing Pretty Postpartum Sitz Bath Treatment
- Americaine Benzocaine Topical Anesthetic Spray
All these sprays can be easily gotten in supermarkets, pharmacies and online stores around you. One good thing about these sprays including dermoplast is that they can be used for other things like minor cuts, burns, sunburns and skin irritation and not just hemorrhoids.
Dermoplast is an antibacterial spray that can help to alleviate pain, irritation and itching which are the common symptoms of hemorrhoids. This product is made with active ingredients like benzocaine and menthol that numbs the nerve endings and bring relieve to the anal area while also giving a cooling sensation. There are still other ingredients that helps this spray to help in treating hemorrhoids. It is also very safe and effective.
Dermoplast can be used to other skin irritations and cuts. Getting dermoplast is not difficult as there are many places to get the product from including pharmacies, hospitals, online stores and supermarkets. Dermoplast is not a waste of money as it can serve other purposes.