Gingisave is classified under gum astringent. Gum astringent or paint are topical solution that are used in treating bacterial infections and inflammations that attack the gums and mouth. They are made with antiseptic agents and tanning agents like potassium iodide and iodine. These agents kills bacteria and block the chemical messengers that cause the mouth to become inflamed and painful.
WHAT IS GINGISAVE
Gingisave is a gum astringent that is used in treating most dental disorders. It is made with Goulard’s extract and contains alum block and phosphoric acid. The topical solution is formulated with three main medications which are cetrimide, zinc chloride and tannic acid. These three main medications are the main components of gingisave and they have their purpose. Tannic acid is an astringent, zinc chloride is an astringent and hemostatic agent while cetrimide is an antiseptic. They are responsible for doing the work that gingisave does in the mouth.
WHAT DOES GINGISAVE DO
There are many benefits of gingisave and can help to keep the mouth healthy if it is used properly. Some of these benefits are:
- It is used to relieve toothache and tooth sensitivity
- It blocks the chemical signals or messengers that produces dental inflammation and pain.
- It is used in treating pyorrhea (a gum disease that makes the teeth loose and damages the jaws).
- Gingisave can treat mouth sores and ulcers.
- Gingivitis is treated with the solution
- It can be used to treat Vincent’s disease (ulcer of the mucus membranes).
- It produces a barrier protection against gum sores and ulcers.
- It is used to treat bleeding gums and toughens the gum.
- It prevents bad breath and helps the mouth to maintain its freshness.
- It prevents bacteria and fungi from growing in the mouth.
HOW DOES GINGISAVE WORK
The three main components of gingisave are the reason why the product works. Without them, gingisave is just like a regular toothpaste with little or no use. Knowing the work of these main components will highlight how gingisave works in the mouth.
- Cetrimide is an antiseptic substance that is so antibacterial, it holds back bacteria in the mouth and stop them from causing infections in the mouth.
- Tannic acid is an astringent that helps the skin cells in the mouth to contract. The contractions stops and cures pain that are caused by mouth disease.
- Zinc chloride is both an astringent and a hemostatic agent that helps to stop bleeding in the mouth. It also helps to toughen the gum skin as well.
HOW TO USE GINGISAVE GUM ASTRINGENT
Before using gingisave, you must consult your doctor because it can worsen allergies or some illnesses. Read the instructions on the package label before using the product. Follow the dosage and use it for the length of time your doctor prescribed.
To get the best results, follow the steps below:
- Open the bottle of gingisave: The product comes in a sealed bottle so if it is not sealed the first time you bought it, you should not use it.
- Apply enough quantity on the affected area: You can use a cotton swab or your fingers to massage the solution properly on the region.
- Let it stay on the gums for 20 minutes before you spit it out: Do not swallow or spit it out before the required time.
- Do not rinse immediately: Wait for 10 minutes before eating or drinking anything.
Doing this will help prevent bacteria from accumulating in the mouth and help the gums to be healthy. You can use the drug once daily or twice daily. You may start to see changes and improvements within three days of using the solution, this time may vary from person to person.
If you forget to take a dose, you should take it as soon as you remember but if the time is close to the next dose, you should skip the missed dose to avoid overdosing. It is better you miss a dose than to take extra dose. You can set an alarm to help you remember of you constantly forget.
DOES GINGISAVE GUM ASTRINGENT HAVE SIDE EFFECTS
There are minor side effects of gingisave, these effects may be caused by the potency of the solution in the gums or if the solution is swallowed. Most of these effects can go away on their own without medical attention but if they continue after some time, you should see a doctor. This is why it is important to consult a doctor before using the drug.
COMMON SIDE EFFECT OF GINGISAVE GUM ASTRINGENT
It is normal to feel irritation on the area where the drug was applied. This irritation is caused by the drug having effects on the bacteria and fungi in the mouth. It can last till the drugs loses its potency.
2. Stinging or Burning Sensation
As the solution is working in the mouth, you feel a stinging sensation in the area where you rubbed the gingisave.
3. Itchy or Red Skin
People who are allergic to the drug mostly experience this effect. When they swallow this solution, their body system may react negatively to it which may lead to skin rashes and itching.
4. Stomach Pains
Since the drug is not meant to be swallowed, taking it in or swallowing it may cause pains in the stomach. Also, allergic people may feel pain, this is their body system reacting to the drug.
5. Vomiting and Nausea
Taking the drug while in certain health conditions may cause nauseous feeling. Being allergic to the solution or any ingredients in it can lead to nauseous feeling or even vomiting. Also, swallowing large quantities of the drug can cause vomiting.
This is only occur when you swallow excess or much quantity of the drug. You can also be poisoned if you are allergic to the solution.
IS GINGISAVE SAFE TO USE
Gingisave is very safe to use especially if you stick to the directions and instructions given. You must not take excess dose even if you think much quantity will produce faster results. Taking excess of the solution will lead to negative reactions like stomach pains, dizziness or exhaustion.
Those who are allergic or sensitive to certain chemicals or ingredients like mint can consult their dentist first before taking the product. If you notice any serious reactions, you should discontinue using the product and see their doctor for check-up.
You should avoid gingisave if you have certain health conditions unless your doctor confirms you can take it.
Some of these health conditions are:
- Digestive system problems
- Blood clotting disorders
GINGISAVE AND OTHER DRUGS INTERACTION
Combining gingisave with other over-the-counter medicines at the same time can produce different results. You may even experience serious side effects, so it is best to tell your doctor of any medicine or supplement you are using at that time to prevent complications or lesser results.
Some drugs that may interact with gingisave are:
- Tetracycline antibiotics
- Quinolone antibiotics
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS WHEN USING GINGISAVE
Knowing the precaution of a drug and following the guidelines will help you get maximum results and also help minimize the chances of having side effects.
- Gingisave should only be used for the mouth and teeth, you should never apply it elsewhere.
- Do not swallow it to avoid having negative reactions.
- Read the label for information on how to use the product.
- Follow your doctor’s prescription while using the product including the dosage and length of time you should use it.
- Inform your doctor of any allergies, sensitivities or medical condition you may have.
- Use the required amount or quantity of the product on your gums at a time.
- Talk to your doctor first if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Avoid the solution from touching your eyes, nose or ears. If it does, wash off immediately with water.
HOW MUCH DOES GINGISAVE COST AND WHERE CAN YOU GET IT?
Gingisave can cost between $8 to $12 depending on the store you bought it from. Gingisave can be gotten in supermarkets, pharmacies, drugstores and hospitals. However, getting it from a pharmacy or hospital may be more expensive. Online stores like Amazon, Aliexpress or eBay sell this product, so you can easily order from these sites.
Gingisave is a tropical solution that is used to treat dental diseases and disorders. It is formulated with three main ingredients which are Tannic acid, zinc chloride and cetrimide. These components are responsible for the function gingisave performs in the mouth.
There are many dental disorders that can be treated using gingisave but you should consult your doctor before using the drug. Follow the guidelines and instructions so as to get the desired results and also to avoid negative effects.