In this article, titled ‘how long does it take turmeric to shrink fibroids’, you will discover how turmeric can help you to shrink fibroid and for how long it will actually take to do that.
Turmeric, otherwise called Indian saffron or the golden spice, is a tall plant that grows in Asia and Central America. It is a common spice and an active ingredient in curry powder.
Turmeric active ingredient, curcumin has powerful biological properties. Ayurvedic medicine, a traditional Indian system of treatment, recommends turmeric for a variety of health conditions including pain and inflammation. Interestingly, Western medicine has begun to study turmeric as a pain reliever and healing agent.
It is also a flavor-filled spice originally cultivated from the rhizomes, or roots, of flowering plants in India and some parts of Southeast Asia, and aside from giving curry its vibrant yellow color, turmeric has some potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, according to past reports
General Health Benefits of Turmeric
Eventhough turmeric is a flavorsome spice that is nutritious to consume, its traditionally been used in Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine to treat inflammatory conditions, skin diseases, wounds, digestive ailments, and liver conditions.
Some of the health benefits of tumeric;
- Turmeric’s ability to fight inflammation, potentially helps in reducing your risk for various chronic diseases.
- It helps to protect the body against heart/cardiac diseases eventhough more research is needed to determine its effectiveness in long-term treatment for people with heart diseases.
- Curcumin present in turmeric in particular can scavenge free radicals of different types, can control enzymes that neutralize free radicals, and could prevent certain enzymes from creating specific free radical types in the first place,
Fibroids are abnormal growth in or outside of a woman’s uterus or womb, and it’s not neccesarily a cancerous form of growth. Fibroid may cause abdominal pains, painful sex, heavy menstrual flow, and in most cases infertility.
There are different types of fibroids and are so named depending on the location of the fibroid in the female body; whether in the womb or outside the womb
The different types of fibroids are;
- Intramural Fibroids; inside the womb
- Subserosal Fibroids: grows outside the womb
- Pedunculated Fibroid: these are subserosal fibroid that develops a stem
- Submucosal develops in the myometrium of the womb
How Long Does it Take Turmeric to Shrink Fibroids
You should already know by now from this article that turmeric has a chemical compound called curcumin, and this curcumin have antioxidant properties. It also has anti-inflammatory properties, which helps to destroy fibroid cells and prevents them from growing.
Turmeric is good for treating a number of ailments, as earlier stated, and fibroids are one of them. We can either eat raw turmeric or take turmeric capsules.
We can also put turmeric in our meals and avail the health benefits as well as a nice yellow color and taste.
Curcumin present in turmeric suppresses fibroid’s growth by interacting with the protein found in cells.
Fibroids are the most common tumor found in the female reproductive system. We may not know the exact cause of fibroids, but we can treat them before it gets dangerous for our health. And the earlier, the better.
So, how long does it take turmeric to shrink fibroids will depend on the size, and number and how long the fibroid has been. Turmeric containing supplements could boost your chances of eliminating fibroids.