A crystal structure is characterized by it’s unit cell. According to Wikipedia, a crystal solid is a solid material whose constituents are arranged in a highly ordered microscopic structure, forming crystal lattice that extends in all direction. A single crystal has atoms in a near-perfect periodic arrangement. Crystals are often used in pseudoscientific practices (practices or beliefs that claim to be both scientific and factual, but are incompatible with the scientific method).
Crystals also travel distances, from the source to the seller then to the final consumer. Each of these transitions exposes the stones to energies that may be misaligned with your own. Some crystals are clear, some have bright colors. Some crystals can be used as an exist mechanism, these crystals are blue in color and are very rare.
WHAT ARE THE WAYS ONE CAN CLEANSE A CRYSTAL
When we care for our crystals, we care of our selves, taking these small measures allows us to be more mindful in our interactions with the stones, with our selves and with others. When we say “Cleanse”, in this context, it’s on an energetic level and not just the normal cleaning the dust off them. You have to do some research before you start using a crystal because some cleansing methods are only suitable for particular crystals.
These are some of the ways we can cleanse our crystals:
- By using herbs.
- By putting them out to bath in the full moon’s light.
- We can cleanse our crystals by using cleaning crystal.
- By burying them under the ground for 24hours.
- By burying the crystal in a bowel of brown rice.
- You can also immerse your crystal in salt water.
- Smudge them with a sage stick.
- Put them outside or on a windowsill, on a full moon to charge.
- Use rain to cleanse them as a way to cleanse them with water.
WHY CRYSTAL CLEANSING IS VERY IMPORTANT
Most times you enter a place that is beclouded with bad aura, bad energy and all, You can’t even wait to leave and when you leave, you just want to wash off all the bad energy off your body, this is also applicable with crystal. According to Rosie “Always consider your crystal to be your energy filter, because it absorbs all the crappy and unbeneficial energy around you transforms it into a more positive energy.
Here are reasons why cleansing is important;
- Crystals travel far and near and each transition exposes the stone to energies that is likely to be misaligned with your own.
- To reinvigorate your own sense of purpose.
- To avoid it from emitting and giving back to you the negative energy that you’ve absorbed.
- The act of cleansing allows the crystal return to it’s original energy.
- Cleansing also alters the stone and makes it clear again.
- To avoid it’s color and vibration from fading.
1. Crystal Cleansing Using Incense
Using incense for cleansing is called ” smoke cleansing”. Cleansing your crystal with incense is a very great way of purifying them, as it’s the safest choice to cleanse your crystal. Crystal cleansing using incense smoke cleanses your crystal of all the imbalanced vibrations and sets it back to its original state as a positive energy. The enchanting incense fragrance takes you places spiritually. It clears the negative energy vibrations in your mental, emotional and physical space allowing you go deeper into meditation to get more healing done with the crystal.
Using incense to cleanse your crystal is a way yo elevate, intensify and magnify your intention. According to Fernandez, “there are tons of different incense and their specific benefits, they all cleanse, but each will carry a different sort of added intention. The smoke from your incense can have an effect on the energy of more than just your crystal, that is where the healing power of its fragrance works perfectly. When used in the right way, incense can be a tool to supercharge your practice with crystals which includes the crystal cleansing ritual.
2. Crystal Cleansing Using Salt Water
You can immerse your crystal in salt water by placing them in salt water and let it sit overnight. It is however, not every stone that stands the test of time using this methods. Softer stones like opal, turquoise should not be cleansed using salt, because they can easily be scratched. Make sure the stones are completely submerged and allow it to soak for few hours or even days, then you rinse and dry when the ritual is complete.
3. Crystal Cleansing Using Water
It is said that water has no enemy. Water neutralizes negativity. Water neutralizes any negative energy stored inside the crystal and return it back to the earth. Natural water is always the best for water cleansing, but irrespective of the type of water you use, ensure that your stone is completely submerged and dried completely.
4. Crystal Cleansing Using Moon Water
Bathing your crystals in moonlight is just one of the ways you can charge them to replenish their energy and keep reaping the rewards of your crystals. Not only does it cleanse your crystals spiritually, but it’s also a nice way to wash off dust and grime that may have accumulated. The full moon is best for cleansing your crystal, but this doesn’t mean you can’t cleanse it in any other circle.
5. Crystal Cleansing Using Sage
One of the best ways to cleanse your crystal is by using sage. This means of cleansing can also be known as “smudging”, this means, using smoke from smoldering dried sage leaves in and around the energetic field surrounding your crystal. Smudging is a native American tradition that utilizes the smoke from burning dried plants in a ritual to cleanse and purify an object. The sage that is burnt represents the element of earth, while lighting the smudge is the fire element, the smoke from the table is the air element.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I CLEANSE MY CRYSTAL
- As you work with the crystal more, you become more in tune with when it needs to be cleansed.
- When anything happens to your crystal.
- When another person other than you touches it.
- When you want to set your crystal for a new purpose, you will want to cleanse it.
SOME TYPES OF CRYSTALS
There are various types of crystals, these crystals perform different thing, so it’s advisable to know what you want. Some of these crystals include;
- Black Tourmaline: This type protects against bad energy.
- Black Onyx: This stone is known to transform negative energy into a positive one.
- Celetite: It helps put the mind at rest, it is very perfect for a peaceful sleep.
- Moon Stone: this particular stone is said to be used for alleviating stress, it is the stone for new beginnings. It is also for the stomach.
HOW SHOULD ONE CHOOSE A CRYSTAL
When opting for things, we should always consider how the thing will affect us both psychologically, physically and otherwise. Some ways one can choose crystals include;
- Choose a crystal you feel drawn to. It all boils down to one’s intuition or gut feeling.
- When choosing crystals, always choose the ones that catches your eyes.
- Choose a crystal based on what you’re struggling with.
- Choose a crystal based on what you want more of, If you want more of wealth, you should very much choose a crystal based on that, if it’s love, go for a crystal that depicts love.
- Choose a crystal that soothes your mind, body and soul.
WHEN CAN ONE USE CRYSTALS
You can use crystals when;
- You first purchase your crystals.
- When you’re going through intense or difficult times.
- When you need a little bit of support and reassurance.
HOW TO USE CRYSTALS
- Hold them when you need a little bit of support or reassurance.
- Use them as part of your meditation or yoga practice.
- Keep it in your wallet or purse.
- Pop one in your bra for all-day support.
- Take a bath with them.
- Use them as an energy cleanser.
ARE CRYSTALS NECESSARY
Using crystals is not a do or die affair, but the necessities can also not be overhauled.
These necessities include;
- Because it wards off bad energy.
- It encourages prosperity and goodwill.
- It improves sleep and creates harmony.
- It transmutes energy, when you’re having a bad day, or you’re down, crystal can boost you.
- Crystals helps effect the changes we want.
- It helps in mental resetting.
WHY PEOPLE USE CRYSTALS
There is always a cause for everything, for every action, there will always be a reaction. This is applicable in the course of Crystals. Most times when people get tired of modern medicines, they resort to crystals for healing.
Here are some reasons why people use crystals;
- It promotes the flow of good energy.
- To prevent bad energy.
- To release blocked energy.
- To transform one’s body aura.
- It helps to create balance and alignment.
HOW TO KEEP YOUR CRYSTAL ALIVE.
Regular cleansing and recharging your crystal is the only way your crystal can be restored to it’s natural state. Things can only work for you when you believe in them and crystals are on of those things. Crystals won’t work for you if you are having doubts. If you are skeptical about the efficacy of crystals, then they likely won’t do you any good, it’s always advisable to keep an open mind and believe it’s going to work for whatever it is you’re using it for.
Most crystals can be used as an exit mechanism, these crystals are blue in color and are very rare. They eject you from any simulation and they are taken through the nose.