Invisalign express is a form of orthodontic device that uses clear aligners to correct teeth misalignment. It is also used on people who have used teeth braces but their teeth has moved again due to broken braces or lost retainers. Unlike other orthodontic devices, Invisalign express does not use wires or requires tightening the express to the teeth, they are just popped over the teeth and worn for at least 22 hours a day.
Invisalign uses a maximum of 10 sets of aligners or lesser and it can correct the teeth in a short period of time. The lesser number of sets does not make it work less on the teeth, it is very effective like the normal Invisalign and even faster. You should know that this orthodontic device is only used when the teeth misalignment is minor
INVISALIGN TREATMENT VS INVISALIGN EXPRESS
Invisalign treatment and express are both orthodontic devices that are used to correct teeth misalignment but there are differences between both.
i. Invisalign treatment uses unlimited number of aligners, some teeth require 20-30 sets of aligners. Invisalign express, on the other hand uses 10 sets which is the maximum number.
ii. Normal Invisalign treatment can take between 6 months to 36 months while Invisalign express takes about 6 months to correct teeth misalignment.
iii. The cost of fixing an Invisalign express is lower than that of traditional Invisalign.
WHO IS AN INVISALIGN EXPRESS CANDIDATE
Invisalign express is only used to treat minor teeth misalignment. The device is used to treat cases like:
- Minimal rotation of the teeth
- Prior orthodontic treatment that made the teeth worse
- Improving smile and facial aesthetics
- Minor crowding of the teeth
- Closing minor gaps in the teeth
- Partial treatments.
Invisalign express is not recommended for children because their teeth are still developing, they will need a long-term orthodontic device that will help fix their teeth and jaws and help them turn out well. The short term feature of Invisalign express is not enough to give children straight permanent teeth.
INVISALIGN EXPRESS BEFORE AND AFTER
BEFORE AN INVISALIGN EXPRESS
Before getting an Invisalign, the orthodontist will conduct an examination including digital x-rays and in-person tests to know if your case can be treated with the device. Your dental history will be checked as well. If your case is too severe, you will have to go for full Invisalign treatment. If your orthodontist confirms that your teeth misalignment is minor, you can be treated with Invisalign express.
DURING THE INVISALIGN EXPRESS PROCEDURE
The orthodontist takes a digital scan of your teeth, the scan helps to provide a copy which will be used in the laboratory to create a treatment plan or aligners for your teeth. On the next appointment, your orthodontist will attach small, tooth-colored attachments to your teeth, these attachments will help the aligners to work on your teeth. You will also be shown how to wear the aligners and to remove them as well.
AFTER AN INVISALIGN EXPRESS PROCEDURE
After fixing the Invisalign express, you are expected to visit your orthodontist once every 4 to 6 weeks for check-up. You will also be given instructions on how to care for your aligners and teeth. You are expected to wear Invisalign express aligners for 22 hours a day and only remove them to eat, drink, or brush your teeth.
You will have to change your aligners every 2 to 3 weeks and see your orthodontist every 6 or 8 weeks. After you are done with your treatment plan and have achieved the desired results, your orthodontist will recommend retainers for your teeth. These retainers help to keep the teeth in place after the Invisalign express is removed.
HOW QUICKLY DOES INVISALIGN EXPRESS WORK AND HOW LONG DOES IT LAST
The orthodontic device uses a shorter period of time to correct the teeth. Unlike other orthodontic devices that take longer time to correct misalignment, Invisalign express takes about 6 months to correct the issue. It is referred as the faster and shorter version of Invisalign treatment.
Invisalign express uses aligners that are changed every 2 to 3 weeks. You will have to use the treatment for at least between 3 to 6 months.
HOW MUCH IS INVISALIGN EXPRESS
The cost of getting Invisalign express is lesser than getting the full treatment. This is because the express treatment treats the teeth within a short time and uses few aligners. The cost of getting Invisalign express is between $1,800 to $3,500, the average cost is $2,500.
This cost may include:
- X-rays and imaging
- Orthodontist fee
- Follow-up appointments
There are some factors that will determine how much you will be charged. These factors are:
- The location of the hospital, if the hospital is in a costly city or area, then the price may be high.
- The expertise of the orthodontist can determine how much you will be charged.
- The complexity of the teeth misalignment.
ADVANTAGES OF INVISALIGN EXPRESS
1. It is faster: Invisalign express corrects minor teeth misalignment faster than most orthodontic devices. It takes between three to six months to get the job done.
2. It is convenient: You can easily pull out Invisalign or pop them into the mouth. There is no need to go to the hospital to have it fixed back. You can remove them before eating and fix them back again.
3. Invisalign express is comfortable: There are no metal parts, wires or large attachments in an Invisalign express like most traditional braces, so you do not have to worry about the device poking the inside of your mouth.
4. It is cheaper: It is cheaper to get Invisalign express because it cost half of what standard Invisalign costs.
5. It is invisible: Invisalign are almost invisible, the aligners are made of transparent materials and has minimal number of tooth-colored attachments.
6. Maintenance: It is easy to maintain good oral hygiene as the aligners can be removed.
7. No pain: The procedure is painless, wearing the aligners also do not cause pain.
8. Comfort: There is no case of irritation on the gums or mouth.
DISADVANTAGES OF INVISALIGN EXPRESS
1. There is a limit to teeth misalignment an Invisalign express can correct.
2. Invisalign express gives fast results but not instantly. You will have to wear the aligners for some months to correct the teeth.
BEST WAYS TO SPEED UP INVISALIGN TREATMENT
There are some tips that will help fasten the time it will take for you to see results. These tips are:
1. Wearing the aligners as directed: You are expected to wear the aligners as least 20 to 22 hours a day. The other 2 hours left are enough time for you eat, drink and clean your teeth. If you are not getting good results or notice your teeth are not shifting like they should, it could be that you are not wearing them as you should.
2. Using AcceleDent: AcceleDent is an orthodontic device that helps to speed up the effectiveness of Invisalign treatments. It helps the teeth to move together quickly and efficiently. Wearing the vibratory device will stimulate blood flow and fasten the speed at which the teeth and jaw bones shift.
3. Use Invisalign Chewies: Chewies are objects that remove remove air bubbles between your teeth and the aligner. Chewing on them will help close the gaps between your teeth and the aligners faster and make them tight enough to shift the teeth. Your orthodontist will give you these Chewies and tell you how long to use them.
4. Switching your aligners: Switching the aligners will also help to speed up the process. Your orthodontist will tell you when to switch your aligners but it is usually every 1 to 2 weeks. You should not try to switch them earlier than recommended to avoid moving the teeth incorrectly, damaging the aligners or even causing pain.
5. Keep up with your appointments: Your appointments with your orthodontist will help the doctor to check your progress level and to see if there are problems. Although Invisalign requires few checkups, you are to see your orthodontist every 2 to 3 weeks. If there are problems with the aligners or your teeth that are not treated on time, they may result to more issues.
INVISALIGN EXPRESS NEAR ME
Finding where to get an Invisalign express should not be a problem. There are thousands of orthodontist that provide Invisalign express treatments. You can go to websites like Invisalign, type in your town, city or postcode into their online search tool to get a list or map of providers around you. You can also get the treatment from dental clinics around you.
Invisalign is an orthodontic device that uses clear or transparent aligners to treat minor teeth misalignment. This method of treatment is used for short term treatment and minor corrections to the teeth. It is faster and gives efficient results within 3 to 6 months. There are so many advantages of Invisalign express like the convenience, comfortability, cost, fast results and others. To get this treatment, you can visit any dental clinic.