Jaw filler is one treatment that is fast becoming popular today, it is a facial treatment that focuses on improving the structure of the face. Jaw filler is a non surgical procedure that involves injecting hyaluronic acid based dermal fillers on the areas of the face for anti-aging and facial enhancement. The injected substance is made of hyaluronic acid which is a naturally occurring compound that helps the skin to become firm, hydrated and tighter.
The acid can also smooth out the creases and wrinkles on the face while rejuvenating the skin. It also helps our body to build more collagen and elastin. You should note that this acid is approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), so it is very safe and healthy. You may ask yourself why jaw filler procedure is done if it is not for medical purposes. The face as we know is the first place most people look at, so enhancing and changing how the face is structured is not wrong.
BENEFITS OF JAW FILLER
Jaw filler is not just popular because it has a beautiful name or that it is just one of the numerous facial treatments that people go for. There are many reasons why jaw filler is recommended for people. Some of these reasons are:
- It makes the jawline slimmer
- The neck is more defined and looks more slimmer
- It reduces the signs of aging.
- Jaw fillers improves the shape of the jaws and the chin, it makes them more chiselled
- The treatment removes wrinkles and lines on the face by filling the areas with nutrients
- It minimizes sagging or drooping of the skin around the jaws.
- It improves the volume of the skin.
MEN’S JAW FILLER BEFORE AND AFTER
Jaw filler is not just for women, in fact, facial treatments are not gender specific. Anyone can get a jaw filler treatment. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, more than 1.3 million cosmetic procedures were performed on men in 2018, which is a 29% increase since 2000. The most reason why men undergo this procedure is to make their jawline more defined and chiseled. A study published in the Nature Communications journal in 2019 showed that men with strong and defined jawline have great sex appeal.
If you have noticed, most handsome men are headed based on factors like how chiseled or defined their jaws are, you can look at most male celebrities like Kenny Rogers. For men, their fillers are injected at the back of their chin, close to the masseter muscle. It is also placed on the front of the chin and the sides as well. The fillers will affect the angle of the jaw bone and make it look more defined.
JAW FILLER BEFORE AND AFTER FOR FEMALES
During make-up sessions, you will see women contouring their jaws to give it that balance. Jaw filler does exactly the same thing and more but with acid injection. Jaw filler in women is done to make the jaw structure of the face balanced. The fillers make the jawline to have a curved shape and graceful facial look. It also contours the jaws and the jawlines as well.
JAW FILLER BEFORE AND AFTER
Before the Jaw Filler
You will have to book an appointment with your doctor. On the day of the injection, you should go the clinic with a clean face. You are not to use any make-up or facial product.
During the Jaw Filler Procedure
The first process is the application of numbing cream around the jaw area to reduce the pain you will feel from the needle. While the numbing ointment effect is working, the doctor checks your facial anatomy and assess your face so as to get a perfect result.
A cannula is used for working on the large area and also to prevent bruises or discomfort. The acid is injected with the needle into area along your jaws and mandible, the area of injection must be strategic so as to have natural result and to make the area around the jaw to be strong and balanced.
After the Jaw Filler Procedure
The results can start showing after few months, you will notice your skin becoming tighter and lifted, this is as a result of your skin producing new and more collagen. After 6 months, you will see the best results and the treatment lasts for at least 3 years before you can book appointment for new treatment.
There are many things to do and avoid for few days after having your jaws worked on. Some of these things are:
- You should not touch or pull at your face for the first six hours.
- Stay away from taking alcohol, fish oil and coffee after having the jaw filler injection.
- Clean your face with a mild cleanser and avoid harsh facial products.
- When sleeping, make sure your face is elevated, you can use pillows to achieve this.
- Oil – based make-up should not be used for few days after the fillers.
- Avoid heavy exercises and work-outs for few days.
- Stay away from swimming pool and saunas immediately after you get the injections.
1ML JAW FILLER BEFORE AND AFTER
The number of injections and the amount of the acid you get depends on how your jaw is. Your filler will be in the best place to know how much you need and the results you will get. This is why it is best to allow him or her decide how many injections you need after you have explained why your result will be like. Generally, to contour the jaws in women, 2-6 ml of the acid will be used. To get a defined and chiseled jawline, men generally need 3-8 ml of the hyaluronic acid. You should know that 1ml is 1/5 of a teaspoon.
CHIN AND JAW FILLER BEFORE AND AFTER
Jaw filler is mostly combined with chin filler to produce best results. The chin is also an important feature of the face, it gives the face a defined shape as well. So while the jaw filler works very well on the jaws, the chin filler produces good result in the chin.
Before the Chin Filler
Most people have short chin that is weak and retracted that makes the face unbalanced. The skin around the skin can also be sagging or drooping due to old age or excessive weight gain. The chin filler procedure is done to change these structures and make the chin defined and balanced.
After the Chin Filler
Chin filler treatment will help in lifting lower chin and make the face attractive. It will also enhance how defined the chin will be. Men can get this type of treatment as it is gender based; the chins will become stronger giving them the appearance of a well built man. Women need a well defined chin to improve their feminine look, this procedure is just like using bronze powder on the chin during make-up.
The difference between this procedure and make-up contouring is that chin filler is semi-permanent.
The results of chin filler will start showing after 3 or 4 days. The duration of the chin fillers will be determined by the individual and other factors. But typically, the results will last 15-18 months.
SIDE EFFECTS OF JAW AND CHIN FILLER
There will be side effects because of the needles used and foreign substance is introduced into your body, it will take few days for the body to adjust to this acid and for the side effects to go away.
Some of the side effects are:
- Swelling of the face
- Redness around the area where the cannula is used
- Little bruises which may be caused by the needles
- Breakout of acne
- Tenderness of the face
WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE JAW FILLER
- The procedure does not invasion, this means that there are no cuts from scalpel or knife.
- It takes just a little time for the whole process including the numbing time.
- The results can start getting noticed after few days till 6 months when the best results are seen.
- The recovery period is short, it may just take between 3 to 5 days.
- The result is natural, your chin and jaw will have that natural perfect look.
- The result of the treatment can be reversed. If you are not satisfied with the result, your doctor can inject an enzyme that will dissolve the fillers and your face will return back to how it was.
- Apart from working on your jaws, the procedure can lift your skin, remove lines and wrinkles. So, see jaw filler as 3 in 1 treatment.
Jaw filler is a non surgical procedure that helps to make the jaws more defined, contoured and chiseled. It can also tighten the skin, remove wrinkles and act as anti-aging treatment. It does not take a long time like most cosmetic procedure or does it need a long recovery process for you to heal. You can see the changes and results as early as days after the injections. You have to heed to the aftercare instructions so as to make your fillers last longer and have more perfect look.