Monistat 1 reviews have both positive and negative ones from users and customers. There has been an average rating of 3.5 out of 10 from a total of 352 ratings for this drug. There were 68% negative reviews, while 28% were positive reviews. Monistat 1, also known as miconazole 1 is an antifungal medicine that is used to treat yeast infections in the vagina. It is an over-the-counter medicine that is mostly available for treating yeast infections caused by candida.
HOW DOES MONISTAT 1 WORK
Monistat 1 just like other monistat products, has an active ingredient called miconazole nitrate, it is this ingredient that treats vaginal yeast infection. Apart from treating the infection, it helps to manage and reduce the symptoms you feel. Monistat 1 works by preventing yeast or Candida from growing and restoring a healthy balance between fungi and bacteria in the vagina. You should know that this drug will only treat fungal infection, it does not treat other types. So, you should get some tests to be certain that the symptoms you feel are caused by Candida.
MONISTAT 1 PRODUCTS
Monistat 1 can come either as a combination pack or as a tioconazole ointment.
1. Monistat 1 combination pack: The combination pack is frequently use as a power pack dose because it can treat yeast infections in a single dose. The combination pack comprises of an external cream and one ovule insert. The external cream is rubbed on the vulva to reduce itching and discomfort. It can be used in the morning and at night to get maximum result. The ovule insert is made with 1,200 milligrams (mg) of miconazole. The high dose may cause side effects in some people, but it is meant to treat the infection with just one dose. It can be inserted at anytime and can stay in place while you carry on with your daily activities.
2. Monistat 1 tioconazole ointment: The ointment is recommended for people who may be allergic or sensitive to any ingredient used in the combination pack or even miconazole nitrate. This ointment comes with one prefilled applicator of 6.5 percent tioconazole ointment. It is best to use this option at night.
MONISTAT 1 REVIEWS
Monistat 1 is one product that have many reviews. It may interest you to know that the drug is very powerful because of the milligrams of miconazole used in making the combination pack. You may ask why people go for the combination pack, the reason is that the pack gives maximum strength for treating yeast infections. It is just used as a one dose. Some ratings for the Monistat 1 medication are:
1. Ease of use: The drug has 204 ratings as being very easy to use, while there were 128 votes for it being very difficult to use. From the star ratings from 5 to 1, we can conclude that the medication is very easy to use.
2. Satisfaction: According to WebMD ratings, there were 97 five stars, 55 four stars, 36 three stars, 29 two stars and 318 one stars.
3. Effectiveness: The highest star recorded is 1 star with 219 votes, the next highest is 5 stars with 121 votes.
There were positive as well as negative reviews by people who have used the drug to treat yeast infections.
The first positive review about the drug is that it is very convenient, the one day dose makes it easier to be used by those who are not lucky, hate medicines, or may forget about their doses. Apart from the pasty discharge and sore vagina, the cream may not cause any more issues. It takes less than 3 days for your body to be clear of the infection and you will feel whole again. The product works really fast and is worth it if you can handle the little discomfort that comes with it due to the high dose.
Monistat 1 is meant for people who are frequently affected by yeast infections after stopping their regular medications. For people who have used the product many times, they do not experience the pain and discomfort that others have reported. This may be because their system is used to the process or they have become tolerant to the pain.
The directions on how to use the product are very easy to read and understand. Applying the drug in the best way may help give the best results and reduce the discomfort. Some advise that inserting the ovule overnight is better because you will have enough time for yourself to walk through the tingling sensation stage and then by morning you can take a shower to get better. If you can tolerate the few hours of tingling sensation and discomfort, you can use the product as it is very fast and effective.
Negative reviews that comes because if the drug is because of the burning sensation the users feel few hours after inserting the ovule or using the ointment. Most people reported that the burning sensation was so severe that they had to stay up all night applying ice packs to their vagina. Others had to wash off the drug because they could not stand the discomfort they went through. The itching was all over the body for some people, while others were vomiting. The combination pack made their vagina and vulva burn, itch and even swell up, while the ointment also made them very uncomfortable. People with allergies experience sore throats, rashes and diarrhea.
Both reviews are correct, but the drug is very effective and can give you maximum results if you can withstand the few hours of discomfort. Also, if you are allergic to any ingredient or chemical, be sure to see a doctor before using products like Monistat 1. Most of the bad reviews come from users who mistook other bacterial infections as yeast infections and used the product. So, be sure that you have a yeast infection before using the product.
WHAT GIVES MONISTAT 1 BAD REVIEWS
The side effects are mostly what make up the negative reviews that were reported by users. These side effects are common and may mean that the drug is having effects on your body. Common side effects are:
- Pasty discharge
- Burning sensation
- Allergies not sensitivity to the ingredients in the product can cause some reactions like:
- Rashes on the skin
- Abdominal cramps and pain
- Swelling of the vulva.
HOW TO USE MONISTAT 1
Knowing how to use the product is another way to get the maximum results you expect. Both the cream and the ovule insert comes with an applicator, so you do not have to insert your finger to avoid introducing new germs into the vagina. Read the instructions on the label to know the quantity to insert and how to place the drug in the applicator.
To use the product:
- Place the cream or ovule into the applicator.
- Lie down on your back while your knees are bent or squat on your feet apart.
- Put the applicator into the vagina and insert it as far as it can go.
- Push the plunger slowly to administer the medication. Your hands should be on the plunger while you do this.
- Remove the applicator and dispose of it. You should never use an applicator twice, they are meant to be discarded after one use.
Wear a pad, a pant liner or just a pant to hold in the discharge that will come out of the vagina.
SAFETY TIPS WHILE USING MONISTAT 1
While you are using the product, there are some tips that will help you treat your infection and experience a less painful treatment.
1. Wash your hands with soap and water before using the product, remember your hands may have other germs and can introduce more germs into the vagina.
2. The product is only meant for the vagina and vulva. If it comes in contact with sensitive parts of your body like your eyes, mouth, nose or face, wash it off immediately and see a doctor.
3. Avoid sexual activities until you are done with the treatment and fully healed.
4. Do not scratch your vagina or vulva even if you feel irritated.
5. Avoid tampons and other vaginal products during your treatment.
6. Monistat 1 is not recommended to be used by pregnant women. Only Monistat 7 can be used by them as the side effects are less.
7. Know that Monistat 1 will not treat your symptoms if you do not have yeast infections. It will just increase the burning and pain you feel after applying it. Be sure that you have a doctor’s prescription or are sure of the fungal infection before using it.
Monistat 1 is one product that has bad reviews from the discomfort it causes and good reviews from the fast and effective results. Most people do not go ahead with the treatment or even wash off the cream from the vagina for to the pain they feel. Monistat 1 is just like a strong medication that can only be used by people who can tolerate its side effects. This drug is only formulated to treat fungal infection and nothing else, so if you experience burning and itching that lasts more than 2 days, you can see a doctor to be sure of the infection you have.