There are many psoriasis symptoms and in this article we are going to look at some of them. Psoriasis can defined as a long term chronic skin disease which causes cracked skin, itchy scaly patches on the skin and redness of the skin mostly on the elbow, scalp and the trunk. Psoriasis does not have a cure, it tends to grow in cycles.
Types of Psoriasis
There are different types of psoriasis and they include;
• Inverse psoriasis: Inverse psoriasis is one of the several types of psoriasis. Inverse psoriasis is the type of skin disease that mainly affects the buttocks, breast and the groin. Inverse psoriasis is mainly triggered by fungal infections.
• Guttate psoriasis: Guttate Psoriasis is another type of psoriasis. Guttate Psoriasis is the type of skin disease that mostly affects the young adults and children. It is caused by bacterial infection. Some children who has suffered from guttate psoriasis may likely not have it again.
• Plaque psoriasis: Plaque Psoriasis is the most common type of psoriasis. Plaque Psoriasis is a skin diseases that causes cracked skin especially on the feet, it causes skin redness and scales. It is the knee, feets, elbow and lower back that are mostly affected.
• Nail Psoriasis: Nail psoriasis is another type of psoriasis. It is a type of skin diseases that affects the finger nails just as the name implies. Nail psoriasis can cause the nails to separate from it’s nail bed and it will also cause the nail to crumble if the case is really severe.
• Pustular psoriasis: This particular Psoriasis is a type of skin disease that is not common. It causes pus- filled lesions that occurs in the sole of the feet.
• Erythrodermic psoriasis: Erythrodermic psoriasis is the least common type of psoriasis. It is the skin diseases that affects the whole body. It causes redness of the skin, rashes that will peel off your skin and itch badly as well.
READ ALSO: CAUSES, TYPES AND TREATMENT OF PIMPLE LIKE BUMP ON CLITORIAL HOOD
Causes of Psoriasis
The following are the causes of psoriasis. They include:
• Gene: Gene is one of the major factor that has caused psoriasis over the years. A family that either the parent, grandparents or even relatives had once suffered from psoriasis, a child from that is also likely to suffer from the same disease. Gene is something that runs in the family and can be inherited. So therefore, a person from an affected family will likely inherit psoriasis.
• Previous infections: Another thing that can cause psoriasis is previous infections. Previous infections(that is, infection that someone had before) that was not treated well can lead to psoriasis.
Is psoriasis a communicable disease?
Communicable disease are those diseases that can be transferred from one person to another when the come in contact.
Psoriasis is not a communicable disease. Psoriasis cannot be transferred amongst persons when they play together, swim in the same pool or have sex.
Effect of Psoriasis
Psoriasis has the following negative effect on a person and they include:
• Cardiovascular disease: cardiovascular disease is one of the effect of psoriasis. Psoriasis can lead to cardiovascular disease and other heart related diseases.
• Stroke: Psoriasis can also lead to stroke on persons affected with the disease.
How can Psoriasis be diagnosed
Psoriasis can be diagnosed using two examination or test which includes the physical examination or test and biopsy.
• Physical examination: psoriasis can be diagnosed by carrying out a simply physical test on a person. Physical test is been used because the symptoms of psoriasis are evident, it is not hidden and this can only go smoothly if the person involved will show all area of his or her body that is concerned.
The following are the symptoms of psoriasis. They include:
• Cracked skin: Cracked dry skin is one of the symptoms of psoriasis. When you skin especially the palm, feet becomes too dry and starts to crack, this serve as a sign that you may be suffering from psoriasis.
• Itchiness: Another symptom of psoriasis is itchiness of the skin. When your skin starts itching abnormally, it is a sign that you are suffering from psoriasis.
• Scaly scalp: Scaly scalp is also a symptom of psoriasis. A scalp that is full of scales is an indication to psoriasis.
• Redness of the skin: when the skin be ones to red and pale, it is a symptom of psoriasis.
• Skin pain: Skin pain is also a symptom of psoriasis. When body aches so badly, it is a symptom of psoriasis.
• Joint pain: Joint pain is a symptom of psoriasis. When you experience so much pain in your joint, it indicates psoriasis.