Tummy tuck is a cosmetic surgery that involves the removal of excess skin and fats from the abdomen. Excess fats, weakened tissues and elastic skin are cause by many factors like aging, pregnancy, weight gain or obesity, abdominal surgery like C-section and natural body type. Tummy tuck cost may vary, depending on the surgeon carrying out the procedure.
Due to aesthetic purposes and self-esteem, most people opt for these fats and excess skin to be removed, thereby giving them a smoother, firmer, better abdominal shape and appearance. Tummy tuck can also remove stretch marks in the lower abdomen but cannot remove marks in other parts of the body because the area of the surgery targets between your belly button and the pubic area.
WHAT AFFECTS THE COST OF TUMMY TUCK
Before getting to know the cost of tummy tuck, it is important that you know some factors that will determine that. Some factors are:
1. The extent of the procedure: Tummy tuck usually involves removing excess fats and sagged skin in the lower abdomen in most cases although this procedure can be adjusted to accommodate other procedures. Also, depending on how loose your skin is or how much fats you have as excess, your surgeon can carry out a full, mini or even extended tummy tuck.
While a tummy tuck may cost between $8,000 and $10,000, extended tummy tuck will not cost same, it may be worth up to $20,000. All these things are put in considerations before prices are given.
2. The volume of fat removed: If you have so much fats, the procedure may include other services to fix the fats issue. For someone with too much fats, you may get fat removal, muscle tightening, skin lifting and tightening, and muscle reshaping or repairing. All these procedures are not included in general tummy tuck procedures and price, the more you get more services, the more you pay.
3. The size of the area: Procedures that involves tightening loose skin and eliminating fat only from the lower abdomen may not have high price. Full tummy tuck will involve working on the upper and the lower abdomen, so the price will be higher. Extended tummy tuck that works on the upper and lower abdomen, front, back and sides will be relatively high and expensive. So, the area you choose to be worked on will determine the cost.
4. The type of anesthesia used: For a procedure that involves only the lower abdomen, the anesthesia to be used will be in small quantity as it may not take a long time to be done. However, if your surgery is complex, you will need a larger dose of anesthesia. The price of anesthesia is included in the overall cost of tummy tuck. If you are given general anesthesia, you will have to pay more.
This is because with general anesthesia, you do not have to be sedated again while local anesthesia requires that you take a sedative to enable you fall asleep.
5. The number of procedures to be performed: One of the reasons people have tummy tuck is to get that aesthetic benefits, however tummy tuck alone may not help you achieve that. To get the “hour glass” shape, tummy tuck may be done with other procedures like liposuction or breast lift. During payment, these extra procedures are counted individually. They are counted as bonuses.
6. The surgeon’s experience: A well trained and experienced surgeon will charge higher than an inexperienced or amateur surgeon. No matter the cost, it is advised that you use the services of a well trained and experienced surgeon because he will able to counter any arising situation while tummy tuck surgery is ongoing, which prevents further complications.
TUMMY TUCK COST
There is no fixed cost of tummy tuck. Apart from the above factors, your choice of surgeon and the hospital you choose will also play a huge part. However, according to the statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons in 2020, the average cost of a tummy tuck is $6,154 and $6,092 in 2019. This cost is just part of the total price, the cost of anesthesia, operating room facilities or other related expenses are not added to this cost. Some tummy tuck cost may include:
- Medical tests
- Hospital or surgical facility costs
- Anesthesia fees
- Surgeon’s fee
- Medicine prescription
Some may even include post-surgery clothes. When all these extra fees are added, the price may be between $1200 to $1500. It is advised that you look for a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area to conduct the surgery to avoid complications.
MINI TUMMY TUCK COST
Mini tummy tuck is different from tummy tuck. Mini tummy tuck is less invasive and recommended to people who have the normal weight for their body but have extra skin or fats in the lower abdomen area. This procedure is mostly done when diets and exercises do not help in reducing these fats, the results are usually permanent.
A mini tummy tuck done in the United States of America can cost $3,500 and $8,000. The more you add other procedures, the more the cost becomes higher. Let us look at the cost of having a tummy tuck in many states in U.S.
TUMMY TUCK COST IN GEORGIA
The average cost of tummy tuck in Georgia according to Georgia Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in Marietta, GA is $6,000. You should know that this price is not fixed and can vary depending on the type of procedure, where you have it done, and other factors. You should not conclude the cost before seeing your surgeon. You should speak to your surgeon about the procedure before concluding on the cost.
TUMMY TUCK COST IN NEW JERSEY
V Plastic Surgery of Monmouth County, New Jersey estimated the average cost of tummy tuck surgery in New Jersey to be between $8,000, to $10,000. Extra services are not included in this price. Many hospitals and clinics work with this price too.
Places like Parker Center for Plastic Surgery in Paramus, New Jersey, combines liposuction with tummy tuck to help their patients achieve dramatic, seamless improvements in body contour. This makes their cost to be estimated between $11,545 to $15,470 while a mini tummy tuck costs $9,105 to $11,730.
TUMMY TUCK COST IN OHIO
Cleveland Plastic Surgery, Ohio gave the estimate of having tummy tuck in their clinic to be $7000-9500 (depending on the extent of the surgery and the amount of liposuction included).
In Aesthetica Surgery & Spa in Columbus, Ohio, the cost of tummy tuck ranges from $5,500 to $8,500 although this price is depending on many factors like the extent of the procedure and the type of tummy tuck being performed (i.e. mini, standard, or extended). The cost covers all fees, including surgeon’s fees and anesthesia fees.
TUMMY TUCK COST IN LOS ANGELES
Peter B. Fodor Plastic Surgery, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles estimated the cost of tummy tuck to be between $8,000 to $20,000, when done by a highly reputable and experienced doctor depending on the extent of the procedure and individual requirements. In Pasadena Cosmetic Surgery, the cost of tummy tuck is $5,493 not including operating room fees, anesthesia, and any other surgery-related expenses.
In the California Center For Plastic Surgery, tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) costs between $7,500 – 15,000. This cost is just the baseline as the total cost of the procedure including preoperative testing, the costs of the surgical center, any special garments or implants and the cost of a few days in a recovery facility if required will be given to cover all care.
TUMMY TUCK COST IN FLORIDA
Florida Plastic Surgery Group tummy tuck cost starts from $8,999, this cost includes all fees and expenses that will be incurred during the procedure. Although, additional procedures like liposuction can increase the cost. For mini tummy tuck, the price is from $4,999. Fiala Aesthetics in Florida estimated the average cost to be $5,217. However, this cost does not include facility costs, anesthesia fees and other fees.
The South Florida Center for Cosmetic Surgery offer tummy tuck for $2,999, this price does not include surgeon’s fees, anesthesia fees, and other services. This means that the total cost is depending on many factors.
TUMMY TUCK COST IN MEXICO
In Tijuana, Mexico, a tummy tuck can cost between $4300 to $5000 but the price does not include anesthesia fees and operating room facilities. In Ciudad Juárez, the cost of having tummy tuck is $4000 including hospitalization. Other hospitals can charge $3900 not including liposuction, while some may charge $5500 for tummy tuck plus full upper body liposuction (abdomen, abdominal flanks, lower back, upper back).
The price is lesser in the Mexico than in United States because unlike surgeons in America, surgeons in Mexico do not have to pay for malpractice insurance. Also, the cost of living in Mexico is lower than that of Canada and America.
Tummy tuck is a procedure done to remove excess fats and weakened skin. It is a cosmetic procedure done to enhance beauty and aesthetics. The cost of having a tummy tuck is not fixed, there are many factors that can determine the price you will be charged. Many factors like anesthesia, area of the surgery and the complexity are put into considerations. You should look for a well trained, certified surgeon to carry out this procedure.