What does avocado taste like? This question is been answered differently by different people based on how they feel they taste when they consume avocado fruit. Some people say that avocado taste like a butter and that it is also creamy flavor, to some, avocado has a slightly sweet taste and also to some, the taste is bitter.
One cannot use just a word to describe how avocado taste because the taste differs with different people. Common words that can be used to describe the taste of avocado includes; creamy, buttery, nutty, staple, earthy, Woody, like uncooked vegetables and slightly sweet. These words helps to describe how avocado taste to different individuals
ARE AVOCADO HEALTHY?
Avocado is a fruit that is very healthy for consumption. Avocado are said to be super food. They nutrients intensified and it is made up of almost 20 vitamins.
An average avocado contains 14 grams of fiber, 4 grams of protein, vitamins, B2, B3, B4, B5, B6, C, E, K.
Avocado contains healthy fat which has a positive effect on a person’s cholesterol level. The cholesterol is divided into two, the HDL and the LDL. The consumption of avocado can help to reduce HDL and it can also help to increase LDL.
HOW TO STORE AVOCADO
Avocado is usually plucked unripe, so therefore, storing it becomes complex for most people. When avocado is plucked at that unripe stage, it is advisable that it should be stored on the kitchens counter or anywhere where there will be free flow of air for them to ripen.
If a person buys an unripe avocado from the store, it should be stored using the same format. If avocado is ripe, it should be put inside a container and stored inside the fridge as this will still make the avocado to look fresh and also prevent it from spoiling quickly.
DIFERENT WAYS OF USING AVOCADO
Avocado can be used to prepare different recipes and they are:
- Avocado can be used to prepare salad, together with other fruit component.
- Avocado can also be used to prepare costini recipe, it is made up of avocado, tomatoes and bacon
- Avocado toast with smoked salmon.
- Baha fish Taco balls.
HOW TO KNOW AVOCADO THAT IS RIPE
It is easy to identify an avocado that is ripe. When an avocado is unripe, the avocado is very firm and the color is green but when an avocado becomes darker and a little bit soft, it shows the ripeness of the avocado and when it becomes too darker and too soft, it shows that the avocado has spoilt.
IS IT OKAY TO COOK AVOCADO?
There is nothing wrong if someone decides to cook avocado. Avocado can be cooked in different ways but the common ways of cooking avocado is steaming, frying, grilling or roasting. There is no much difference between cooked and uncooked avocado. The only difference is that when an avocado is cooked, it becomes more sweeter and creamier than the uncooked one.
WHAT DOES AVOCADO TASTE LIKE
The taste of avocado is heavenly. It taste could be staple, nutty, buttery, earthy and creamy. The taste of avocado differs from one person to another but precisely, the taste of avocado is mostly buttery and creamy.
BENEFITS OF EATING AVOCADO
There are so many or numerous health benefits of avocado and this benefits include:
1. Improves digestion: One of the benefits of eating avocado is that it helps to improve digestion. An average avocado contains at least 7 grams of fiber and when there is enough availability of fiber in the body, it helps to prevent constipation and also to promote the overall gut health of the person thereby improving digestion.
2. Healthy heart: Having a healthy heart is another benefit derived from eating avocado. Avocado contains natural cholesterol which reacts positively on the heart.
3. Protect vision: Avocado contains antioxidants like lutein, phytochemicals, zeaxanthin which their presence is very important in helping to protect the eye from UV exposure and it also helps to protect the eyes from free radical damage.
4. Reduction in the rate if depression: Folate is found to prevent the buildup of a chemical component called homocysteine that interferes with the delivery of nutrients to the brain and the production of dopamine and serotonin.
Therefore, since avocado contains folate, homocysteine is prevented thereby nothing hinders with the delivery of nutrients to the brain and as such the rate of depression that would have been caused will be reduced.
Avocado is a green skin large berry fruit. To others, avocado is said to be a vegetable but either ways, whether it is a fruit or a vegetable, there is no difference because it performs the same function.
Avocado can be eating raw when ripe and it can also be prepared in different ways. Avocado is very nutritious and health benefits are super great.